The Ambleside and Dundarave Ratepayers Association (ADRA) was incorporated by resident Eddie McKye in1979 in order to mobilize residents to respond against “spot zoning”. As a legally constituted society, ADRA volunteers strive to inform and involve residents on issues that impact their neighborhood.
We want to protect, enhance and share our enviable quality of life.
Sometimes referred to as “livability”, quality of life can only be assessed by those who live here therefore it is important citizens, no matter what their opinion, be heard!
We are a neighborhood group of volunteers who have worked to
- Ensure that development is part of an overall plan and does not negatively impact our enviable quality of life.
- Support our independent shops and services that make our villages so unique.
- Protect the character of our neighborhoods, (especially Ambleside & Dundarave) heritage assets and natural environment through policies of sensitive, citizen supported growth.
- Maintain our community as safe and attractive.
- Strive for an Official Community Plan that accurately reflects the values and vision of our citizens.
- Ensure that costs are controlled to avoid/minimize tax increases.
- Support authentic community engagement that allows the public to meaningful contribute shaping our community.